Sweden Stockholm Mission

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Well Hello errybody!

We received transfer calls and it looks like I will be staying another 6 weeks in the TUNA! I will be getting Elder A who can speak Spanish quite well so that will be good! And Elder S is actually going to my birthplace of Stockholm where the G family will be in his ward. Lucky him!
Daycare graduation at the park with 2 member girls
Mån: When we were getting our groceries, guess who we run into!!! Sister K and her girls! Then later that day, who do we see again? Sister K and her girls! So we ended up following them to this park to watch this graduation ceremony from dagis -daycare. It was so cute, 25 little 5 year olds trying to sing in front of all of their family and friends. You couldn't hear em, but it was pretty cute. We then got lost trying to visit a less active, but finally made it there to meet and talk.

Tis:  B is doing good.  And S has finished reading all standards works. Man, this guy can read! We then visited with M -who feels a whole lot better now that he has begun reading through the book again! That's the power of the Book of Mormon right there! 

Ons: So we did a lot of swingbys where we made some return appointments and also got told not to come back again, so that was pretty positive ha. That was very oxymoronical. Anywho, I practiced a lot on the piano during open church time. I can successfully play a few hymns on both hands fairly well. Im really happy with that! I'm trying to implement singing at the same time, but it's gonna take some time. So we had a contact on Tuesday who we told to meet us today. Usually when that happens people don't show up. My faith was lacking -i repented- because here comes this man right on time! Wow, what a stud! It was hard with the language barrier -he knew Portuguese, so my Spanish helped a little but not too much. We gave him a BoM and set up to meet again in a couple of weeks.

Tors: We had an early zone training because President is leaving soon and wanted to do interviews. The zone leaders talked about keeping a balance with everything going on. That's why missionary work is so exhausting, because you are constantly spinning plates going back and forth from one to another making sure they are spinning ever more. Whew! When we went to lunch we had a guy contact us and was very prepared. Hopefully the Södertälje Elders can follow up. It just goes to show that wherever you are, you are constantly doing missionary work! I had my interview then President gave me a blessing and said some things that I have pondered greatly on. 

sports night
We made it back to Strängnäs to meet T and K came with us to teach him! We gave him a priesthood blessing which was very spiritual and powerful. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have that I know Priesthood power is back on the earth.

Fre: We played soccer at a legit field early in the morning. Later on we went to sports night where J came and became great friends with L! He is athletic so it was getting really intense! Oh the joy of sports night!

Lör: We were able to meet up with a potential investigator and we got introduced to a whole group of friends. Lots of Eritreans in one room all trying to talk to you. It was hard, but super funny. We brought out a Book of Mormon and explained that and went on our lovely way. We had dinner with A for one last time before Elder S would leave.

Sön: We ended up having more than 30 people come to church! I did the translation but the speakers were just talking extra fast for some reason -it was hard to keep up. Tyvärr. We taught D during 2nd hour and finally set up a baptismal date for July. It came so randomly, but Im grateful that we followed the spirit and set this up. So D has a baptismal date! Whoo!!! We met G for one final time before he left for Norway, and hopefully we can get missionaries set up there for him.

We met a potential investigator, D in Strängnäs. By testifying with all of our hearts that our message will help her find what she is looking for, her heart was softened and she agreed to meet with us again. Wow, that was pretty cool to see that quick transformation because the spirit was working on her. I lost our phone for about 1 hour when we were talking with her, but were able to find it right where I had left it. My heart was pumping so fast. I was so mad at myself haha. But luckily God was able to answer my prayer right then and there to help me find the phone. We headed over to the other elders place for the final sleepover/ bastu sesh before Elders B and S leave. 

Kind of looks like I'm Batman on a bike
I would just like to end by telling you how grateful I am for each and every one of you. I truly feel the power of your prayers for me. It means so much to me that you are thinking about me. I love you all and I love my Savior who has given me this wonderful chance to help in this great work. I know it is true. I love it. Hope you all have a great week

Med Kärlek

Äldste Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment