Sweden Stockholm Mission

Monday, March 30, 2015

Bittersweet


Cool clock in the church
Hey Everyone. It's me, your son, friend, brother, colleague, acquaintance, etc. 
Mån: We had some YSAs show us the domkyrkan (church) in Lund and told us some legends about the building of it. It has been around since 1000 ad!!! Thats nuts! 





Zodiac part of the clock

Legend says this giant was turned
to stone. He needed a hug.
We stayed and had family home evening with the YSA's and did family history work- i just got more and more lost. I wish I knew what to do with that ha. Then we visited with A and his girlfriend- she was super nice and supportive of him coming back to church and said she wasn't ready right now to listen, but maybe some day!

Tis: We met with a new investigator from Belarus who is an honest seeker of the truth but he believes he literally has to step foot into every single church in order for him to know which church is true. We challenged him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and he said he would! We had dinner with some members and our investigators. We watched the Restoration dvd and focused on getting a testimony of Joseph Smith.

I will be leaving the Lund boys
Ons: I had my last district meeting as district leader (and the AP's and DL's were there.) We focused on teaching by using the scriptures. It was super awesome to follow the IRA pattern: introduce, read and apply the scripture. We had to borrow a member's car to contact a referral who lived in the middle of nowhere in this abandoned shack. Of course you would think this guy is crazy, but no! He was super and totally accepted everything and has really been looking for the truth. He stumbled upon mormon.org and wanted a book of Mormon. We challenged him to be baptized when he knew this was true and he said of course! The sad thing is he is moving next week but we are going to hook him up with the other missionaries in his new place. We had a ward talent show that night where my comp and I got to be the MC's. The spirit was super strong and it was a great night.

Tors: We were on exchanges with the ZL's, I was with elder K in our area. We took a nice stroll all the way around the main part of Lund and talked to about 50 people, easily. We then taught N and C. N asked some really good deep questions about what happens after we die. It was intense! haha but the spirit was super strong there. He gave a prayer that literally ripped my heart out. He was leaving for a week and I knew that I would be leaving the area with transfers and he really wanted me to stay. It was so sad. It's always bittersweet.

Fre: We went to see this long-time investigator (mom of a ward member) and helped her with her work: walking dogs. I struck up a conversation with another worker there and had a deep talk about religion and respect and things of that nature. 
Home for the next 12 weeks

The official information about transfers came and I will be going to the island of Gotland (a 3 1/2 hour ferry ride from Stockholm which is a 5 hour train ride from here.) I visited the island for 2 days last October when I was a Zone leader so I know how isolated it is. The only missionaries on the island will be me and my companion and a Sr couple. It was a total shock but I'm excited to see what this new assignment holds in store for me.

Lör: It was just a tough day. We were out doing our best but got triple blåsted- cancelled. We did a lot of finding work the rest of the day.

Szylvia: Best Gospel Principles teacher!
Sön: Our less active we have been meeting with came to church -the first time in awhile, and participated a lot in the gospel principle class. It was good to see her there and hear her testimony! I also got to bear my testimony and it was tough. I love this ward a lot. They are super awesome people and just super loving. But I am needed elsewhere i guess. Later we taught J and got a baptismal date with her which was really cool. I spent the rest of the day going by and saying goodbye to members and taking pics.

Well, the word of the week, or just what I feel right now, is bittersweet. I feel like I have done my best here yet my heart hurts having to leave these great people. They are in good hands. I will be on Gotland for my last 12 weeks- that is where I will finish my mission.

Conference is coming up, and Easter. Let us focus on the Savior as we go into this conference, thinking about what we can do to improve, who we can reach out and help, how we can move forward. Let the savior guide us in our righteous desires. He will lead our way. #BecauseHeLives  Share the message.

Det är mitt vittnesbörd att han lever. Och eftersom han lever, kan jag leva också. Jag är så väldigt tacksam för allt han har gjort för mig. Han är centrala i Guds plan och bör vara centrala i vårt liv. Jag älskar honom. Jag vet att han älskar oss. Ha en bra vecka allihoppa!

Translation: It is my testimony that He lives. And because He lives I can live also.  I am so very grateful for everything He has done for me.  He is central to God's plan and should be central in our lives.  I love Him.  I know He loves us.  Have a good week.

MVH
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment