Sweden Stockholm Mission

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Eyes to See

Cool cloud streaks in the sky
Wonderful family and Friendz, things are always changing, yet ever constant. What the heck is Melanie doing and getting engaged and married before PJ and I -her favorite cousins- come home!!!!! I cant believe how many people are getting married and going on missions back home and just all sorts of crazy grown up stuff. I dont know if I am ready for that. No, I know I am not ready for that haha.

Mån: So, being on Gotland has been super interesting. It is a very old city, it has a huge wall covering the main part of the city. So of course, on Pday we walked around the wall and saw all of the cool parts of the city. Maybe got lost for a bit, because the roads are so small! We also played around on our ukuleles -my comp has one too. We got some ice cream -this place has at least 180 different flavors. Thats too much for me to choose from. I want it all! We have now made that a tradition to eat ice cream every pday:). We tried doing some swingbys at the end -no one home. 
We will talk to anyone about the
Book of Mormon

Tis: I read D&C 64:33 and I think it summarizes my whole mission. Dont be weary in well-doing. Ye are laying up a firm foundation. It seems that every area I go to we start from the bottom and work up. Don't often get to see a lot of fruits from the effort, but this scripture really spoke peace to my soul. I love my role as the foundation man. Today was an amazing day of contacting -as well as a very disappointing one. We found 5 people in a row who were some of the coolest people I have ever met and we had awesome discussions going and the spirit was strong and they could feel something. But then they just denied it and didnt want to do anything more about it. It was heartwrenching because I know they felt it and I know how much their lives could change if they accepted it. But everyone has their agency. We felt a calm feeling that we had done all we could. And thats all we can do. We cant force others to listen or to act, but we can do all we can to help them.

Cool tree
Ons: We were able to teach E and start the new member lessons. Their is something special about her, I love being able to teach her. She knows with her whole heart that its all true.  We also got to teach G. The spirit is super strong here too but she wants to have the facts and the knowledge. Ahhh!! Faith is the answer. But she is still awesome. We also taught an investigator from Zimbabwe. The problem is that he believes Saturday is the Lords day. Not sunday. Otherwise, he would be a member. Oh well, we keep working with that.

Ferry ride. Good thing I don't get sick.
Tors: We were able to have lunch with the famous H couple. They are legends on Gotland and in Sweden. Their kids won Eurovision-a music festival, and they are stalwart missionary minded members. We ate pea soup and swedish pancakes -oooh that was so good. I have heard so much about that my whole mission and I finally got a taste of the glory (name that movie anyone!) We packed up and headed to the boat to go to the mainland for zone training. We had a pretty fun 3 hours on the boat ride. We stayed overnight with some other missionaries.
Elevator pics - everyone does them.

Elder F: my St. George bud.
Fre: We had a good zone training where they introduced a cool topic called God's Classroom. Basically, God is the teacher during our study times- we better pay attention and listen to all that he is saying to us through his spirit and allowing ourselves to be guided to prepare ourselves in the best way possible. I got to talk to a lot of friends -namely elder Featherstone and it was fun seeing other missionaries. The rest of the day we did some contacting with the district leader and then back to the island -getting home at 11:45 pm.

The B's House - we will really miss them. 
Lör: We had the opportunity to help the B family with some service. They are moving (which is going to really hurt the branch) at the end of the month, so we helped them set up for a yardsale. We taught E again and it was great. We got to play soccer with some kids who are at this community center -some sort of volunteer thing. Anyway, it probably isnt the most effective thing we can do, but it was fun. The kids loved my soccer skills.

Sön: It was a little hectic because we had to drive and pick up many people to take to church. We had 5 visitors from the stake come and speak. We did some less active swingbys and got in contact with a couple of them, which was solid. We then ate dinner with the Maddens and finished our week.

So as you can see from my title, it says Eyes to See. This is something Elder Bednar really loves talking about, and I have been trying to apply that a lot as of lately. I think one reason why i have been called to serve out here on Gotland is for my eyes to open. Lets look at E for example. The reason I have so much fun teaching her and just love being around her is because i can see her as Christ sees her. There is an unconditional love there that I didnt even know existed. There are no judgments because she is different or that she needs lots of help, but there is love because she is a funny warm loving person. May we have the eyes to see as Christ sees those around us and serve them with our love.
Always go towards the light!

Jag vet Gud lever. Jag vet att Kristus har uppstot från de döda. Deras kärlek är oändliga. De älskar oss så mycket. Låt oss bli lika dem. De kommer att hjälpa oss. Bara ta det första steget. Tack för allt som ni gör. Jag älskar er


Translation: I know God lives. I know that Christ has risen from the dead. Their love is infinite. They love us so much. Let us become like them. They will help us. Just take the first step. Thank you for all that you do. I love you guys, Äldste Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment